Expanded Petty Gods is now out due to all the help of the old-school roleplaying community and the herculean effort by Richard LeBlanc of New Big Dragon Games. If you are not familiar with his stuff, you should definitely check out his website which is full of high quality old-school adventures and supplements.
You can download the Petty Gods pdf for free or get softcover or hardback books via print on demand at Lulu. See more at this link:
I contributed two illustrations to the project: Berenedril and Gilthigoet.
Ariel the Sorceress
Ariel, Human, 3rd level Sorceress
Armor Class: 13 Hit Points: 17
Speed: 30′ Proficiency Bonus +2
Saving Throws: Constitution +3 and Charisma +5
Alignment: Lawful Good
Str 10(+0) Dex 14(+2) Con 12(+1) Int 16(+3) Wis 15(+2) Cha 17(+3)
Cantrips (1/turn, 4 known):
• Fire Bolt (1d10)
• Mage Hand
• Ray of Frost (1d8, target’s speed -10′ until next turn)
• Shocking Grasp (1d8, target loses action until next turn)
1st Level Spells (4 slots, 3 known ):
• Color Spray
• Sleep (90’, 5d8 hit points of creatures for 1 minute)
• Shield (+5 AC until next turn)
Quarterstaff (1d6 bludgeoning or 1d8 with both hands, versatile)
Dagger (1d4 +2 piercing, finesse, thrown range 20/60)
Bracers of Defense +1 to Armor Class
• Spell Attack Roll +5 (Proficiency +2 + Charisma +3)
• Spell DC 13 (8+ Proficiency +2 + Charisma +3)
• Wild Magic (Random effect on a roll of 1 from a d20 after casting a spell or using Tide of Chaos)
• Font of Magic – 3 Sorcerer Points to create more Spell Slots or power Metamagic features
• Metamagic – Distant Spell for 1 Sorcerer Point will double a spells range or increase a Touch spell to 30’
• Metamagic – Twinned Spell for 1 Sorcerer Point for a Cantrip or 1 per the spell level will enable Ariel to use a spell that has a single target be used on a second target in range.
• Tide of Chaos grants Ariel Advantage on one attack, Ability Check or Saving Throw once until restored after a long rest.
• Personality Trait: Commoners love Ariel for her kindness and generosity and she feels that despite her noble birth, she is not above others.
• Ideal: Ariel feels that it is her duty to protect and care for people.
• Bond: Ariel wants to be seen as a hero of the people.
• Flaw: Ariel often wears unsuitable footwear which causes her to trip.
• Feature: Because of her noble birth, people are inclined to think the best of Ariel and accommodate her. She can obtain an audience with local nobles if she needs to meet.
+2 Acrobatics (Dex)
+2Animal Handling (Wis)
+5 Arcana (Int) – Sorcerer Skill
+0 Athletics (Str)
+3 Deception (Cha)
+5 History (Int) – Noble Skill
+4 Insight (Wis) – Sorcerer Skill
+3 Intimidation (Cha)
+3 Investigation (Int)
+2 Medicine (Wis)
+3 Nature (Int)
+2 Perception (Wis)
+3 Performance (Cha)
+5 Persuasion (Cha) – Noble Skill
+3 Religion (Int)
+2 Sleight of Hand (Dex)
+2 Stealth (Dex)
+2 Survival (Wis)
Ookla the Mok on Equort
Ookla, Mok, 3rd level Barbarian (Totem Warrior-Bear)
Armor Class: 15 Hit Points: 35
Speed: 30’ Proficiency Bonus +2
Saving Throws: Strength +6 and Constitution +5
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Str 18(+4) Dex 14(+2) Con 17(+3) Int 11(+0) Wis 13(+1) Cha 9(-1)
Composite (+2 Str) Long bow (1d8+2 piercing)
Improvised Greatclub (as per a Maul) (2d6 + 4 bludgeoning)
Throw/Slam Opponent: Ookla will attempt to grapple an opponent. This is a contested check of Ookla’s +6 Athletics versus the opponent’s Athletics or Acrobatics Skill. If Ookla wins the contest, he can then Slam or Throw the grappled opponent. A slammed opponent must succeed in a Constitution save, DC 14 or be stunned losing their action for the remainder of the turn and start the following turn Prone. A thrown opponent will be launched up to 15′ (three squares) at other enemies. Anyone struck by the thrown opponent must succeed in a Dexterity save DC 14 or lose their action for the remainder of the turn and start the next turn Prone. The DC for being slammed or thrown is 8 + Ookla’s Strength modifier + Proficiency Bonus. Ookla can Throw or Slam even if Raging. Raging will give him Advantage on the Strength contest.
• Origin: Tribal Nomad
• Feature: Wanderer
• Personality Trait: I watch over my friends as if they were a litter of newborn Mok cubs.
• Ideal: It is each person’s responsibility to make the most happiness for the whole tribe.
• Bond: My tribe is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me.
• Flaw: There’s no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest.
• Darkvision 60’
• Relentless Endurance allows Ookla, when reduced to 0 hit points but not killed, to instead drop to 1 hit point. This trait can only be used once until restored after a long rest.
• Savage Attacks grants Ookla one additional die of damage on a Critical melee attack.
• Like all Moks, Ookla fears water and despises getting wet. He has disadvantage on ability checks and attack rolls when in water, wet as from a heavy rain or within 5′ of water such as riding in a boat.
+2 Acrobatics (Dex)
+3 Animal Handling (Wis) – Barbarian Skill
+0 Arcana (Int)
+6 Athletics (Str) – Outlander Skill
-1 Deception (Cha)
+0 History (Int)
+1 Insight (Wis)
+1 Intimidation (Cha) – Racial Skill
+0 Investigation (Int)
+1 Medicine (Wis)
+0 Nature (Int)
+3 Perception (Wis) – Barbarian Skill
-1 Performance (Cha)
-1 Persuasion (Cha)
+0 Religion (Int)
+2 Sleight of Hand (Dex)
+2 Stealth (Dex)
+3 Survival (Wis) – Outlander Skill
• Rages 3/day for 1 minute (10 rounds)
• Rage gives Advantage to Str Checks & Saves
• Rage gives +2 on melee damage
• Rage gives Resistance to bludgeon, piercing and slashing damage
• Rage prohibits reactions except opportunity attacks
• Unarmored Defense allows Dex + Con mods to AC
• Reckless Attacks grant Advantage on melee attacks but give Advantage to opponent’s melee attacks
• Danger Sense gives Advantage on Dex saves
Totem Warrior (Bear) Path Features:
Notes: I have reskinned Half-Orcs as Moks. Other than Fear of Water, there were no other changes.
• Ookla can cast Beast Sense and Speak with Animal spells as a Ritual
• Ookla has Resistance to all damage but psychic